When your metabolism is set on high, it helps you to feel better due to higher energy levels. Not only will you feel better, but your bodily functions will work at their optimum level and put your weight control efforts on automatic pilot. Here are seven simple ways to get that boost in metabolism that burns fat fast.
1. Always eat your breakfast. After you wake up, your body requires energy to get you moving. If you skip breakfast, that sends a signal that there is a shortage of food and it’s time to switch to survival mode. Since we naturally slow down the metabolism to conserve energy when we skip breakfast, the best choice is to keep the engine purring with a well balanced meal.
2. Don’t do a starvation diet. Just like omitting breakfast, a starvation diet of less than 1,000 calories will turn the switch to low on your metabolic rate.
3. Eat frequent small meals and snacks. A steady food supply will help keep your blood sugar levels where they should be. Not only that, but your individual cells will have constant access to energy to keep you moving.
4. Take time to boost your day with exercise. The best time for exercise is the early morning. You’ll receive the benefit of a raised metabolism during your waking hours. Try taking it a step further by including progressive resistance exercises such as weight training to build your muscles. Switching fat cells for muscle cells burns many more calories throughout the day.
5. Drink enough water to stay hydrated. To keep metabolic processes working requires both food energy and water. Carry a water bottle and drink throughout the day.
6. Remember to take your vitamins. Vitamin B-12 is vital for the efficient conversion of food to energy. Plan to take a B complex to ensure that you get enough in your diet.